RECIPE: Frozen Strawberry Squares V1.0
As promised in last week’s ‘Weekly Photo Challenge,” here is the recipe for this perfect summer dessert. It’s really easy to make and especially scrumptious to eat. I’m already thinking of ideas to adapt it for our new life in Palawan.
FROZEN STRAWBERRY SQUARES V1.0
Adapted from “Hearts Go Home for the Holidays” Cookbook.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup slivered & chopped almonds (you can use other nuts)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
10 fluid ounces (284 g) whipping cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, crushed/smashed
Preheat oven to 325°F (180°C)
- Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8×8″ pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool.
- Once cooled, evenly press 2/3 of the mixture in the 8×8″ pan to create crust.
- Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours.
- Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Hope you enjoy this cool summer treat.